“ARTECH 2019 – Digital Media Art Ecosystems” is the 9th International Conference on Digital and Interactive Arts, this time hosted in the city of Braga, Portugal. The goal of the conference is to promote the interest in the current digital culture and its intersection with art and technology as an important research field, but also as a common space for discussion and exchange of new experiences. Seeking to foster
Authors are invited to submit papers from all areas related to digital art, but also art installations, interactive art or media artworks, for review by the international committee. Both research and applications papers are of relevance to ARTECH 2019.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Art and Science Theory
- Art and Technology
- Audio-Visual and Multimedia Design
- Creativity Theory
- Design and Data Visualization
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital Technologies and Making
- e-Learning in Art and Media Studies
- Electronic Music
- Generative and Algorithmic Art & Design
- Gesture Interfaces
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Immersive Art
- Interactive Art
- Interactive Systems for Artistic Applications
- Interaction Design
- Media Art History
- Web Art and Digital Culture
- Digital Media, Apps and eBooks
- Digital Preservation
- Parametric Design
- Tangible Interfaces
- Technology in Art Education
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
The International Scientific and Art Committee members are composed of experts in various disciplines. The conference program will consist of keynote speakers by eminent specialists/artists, oral presentation of the contributed papers, art installations, videos and posters of the work-in-progress.
Authors of selected papers presented in the conference (including essays describing the best art installations) will be invited to submit extended versions to one of the following journals:
- Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts (ISSN: 1646-9798) (http://artes.ucp.pt/citarj) (ISI-WoS Thomson Reuters – ESCI index, Scopus Elsevier and ProQuest).
- International Journal of Creative Interfaces and Computer Graphics. ISSN: 1947-3117 (http://www.igi-global.com/IJCICG) (ACM Database).
- *Revista Comunicar (ISSN:1134-3478) (http://www.revistacomunicar.com/ ) (ISI-WoS Thomson Reuters, Scopus Elsevier)
- *International Journal of Education through Art (ISSN: 1743-5234) (http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=121/ ) (Scopus Elsevier)
- *Revista Ibérica de Sistemas e Tecnologias de Informação* (ISSN:1646-9895) (http://www.risti.xyz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=125&lang=pt) (ISI-WoS Thomson Reuters, Scopus Elsevier)
(* journals under negotiation)
We are currently working on having full and short papers available through ACM’s Digital Library and Scopus.
A selection of the best papers will be proposed for publication in appropriate scientific journals.
The Submission of a paper implies the intention of at least one of the authors to register and attend